Google News: Top World & Local News Headlines
- Category: News & Magazines
- App ID: com.google.android.apps.magazines
- Latest Update: 20-04-2020
- Latest Version: 126.96.36.19932110
- Developer: Google LLC
- Operation System: Android
- Language: English
Google News is a smart news app that organizes what’s happening in the world to help you learn more about the stories that matter to you.
Stay up to date
• The For You tab makes it easy to stay up to date on everything you care about in one place.
• Your briefing updates throughout the day with five daily news stories that Google News has organized for you. Your briefing includes a mix of the most important headlines, local news and the latest developments on the topics you’re interested in.
Go deeper on every story
• The “Full Coverage” feature provides a complete picture of how a story is reported from a variety of sources. With just a tap you’ll see top headlines from different sources, videos, local news reports, FAQs, news analysis, social commentary, and a timeline of events for stories that developed over time.
• The Headlines tab offers an unfiltered view of top and breaking news articles from around the world. Additional sections let you dig in to more on tech news, business news, sports news, national and international news, entertainment and more.
Access your favorite news and magazines
• The Newsstand tab makes it easy to find and follow the sources you trust, as well as browse and discover new ones. You can also access more than 1,000 magazine titles in a mobile-optimized reading format.
• If you want to support your favorite news publisher, we’ve made it simple to subscribe with your Google Account. This means no more forms, credit card numbers, or new passwords.
A smart news app built for every phone, everywhere
Google News is designed to meet the needs of users with different phones and levels of connection.
• When your connection isn’t strong or you need to save data, Google News will continue to work smoothly by slimming down the size of images and downloading less data.
• Articles can be downloaded over Wi-Fi to save for reading later when you are offline.